Victory Jumper—squee!

(Victory jumper, part 1.)

Is this not the most fabulous thing I have ever knit?!

Pattern: Your Victory Jumper by Home Notes (published June 2, 1945)
Yarn: Regia 4-Ply (kardinal, #1078, just over two skeins) and Lang Jawoll Superwash (all of three skeins of petrol, #0088, and a skein of green, #0116)
Needles: #2.5s for the body, #1.5s for the ribbing
Raveled: here (with full notes on mods made).

I was hoping this would turn out kick-ass so I could wear it in my new author photo (which has yet to be taken). I was also hoping there’d be sunshine this weekend, but alas.

I have only one wish-I’d-done-differently this time, and that’s the sleeve length. I wish I’d knit them a couple inches longer so the ribbing doesn’t scrunch at the elbows. But that’s pretty nit-picky I guess.

(Thanks to Li’l Pete for the photos.)

6 Comments to Victory Jumper—squee!

1. Lil Pete, lil Pete's Gravatar Lil Pete, lil Pete
    March 15, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Looks great! Thats for using my new name. I'm shooting a music video this summer in Peru. I'd love it if you'd be my camerawoman again. You did a great job on the hit single, "Hvala Back."

2. Pare's Gravatar Pare
    March 15, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Since I'm not familiar with your entire knitting oeuvre, I feel it would be false to say it's your most fabulous. But I'm guessing it is, because HOT! DAMN!

(You should go into business. I'm not even remotely kidding. I'd buy that sweater. Especially if I could pick the colors.)

3. Maggie, Dammit's Gravatar Maggie, Dammit
    March 16, 2010 at 1:19 am | Permalink

SO. AWESOME.

4. Maggie, Dammit's Gravatar Maggie, Dammit
    March 16, 2010 at 1:20 am | Permalink

Also, Pare said "oeuvre." Heh.

5. emmms's Gravatar emmms
    March 16, 2010 at 8:16 am | Permalink

I love it! It's gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in person!

6. Kristina's Gravatar Kristina
    March 25, 2010 at 6:35 am | Permalink

Wow, this is fabulous and it looks great on you!! I wish I could knit like that, I can only do the most basic things…I'm so bad at following patterns 😉 Thanks for linking to the pattern though, I saved it and may actually try it some time!! I love that it's vintage too, makes it extra cool 🙂