the Paranormal Podcast

The Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold (along with the Campfire) is one of my very favorites. Jim’s guests run the gamut from ghost-hunters and psychics and reincarnation researchers to UFO experts and conspiracy theorists, and the podcast is always well worth a listen even if you’re a hard-line skeptic. I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love Bob Curran’s shows in particular (he’s written books on zombies, vampires, and fairies in folklore–really fascinating stuff, not to mention incredibly inspiring for me as a fiction writer.) Anyway, I recorded a show with Jim last week and it’s up today, so give it a listen! [Edit, 2013: Paranormal Podcast archives are available to Plus Club listeners only. Check out the Plus Club though, if you like the paranormal you’ll find it a great value!]

And in case you’ve found me through the podcast, I’ll post some show notes of my own:

My blog post on Keats’ poem La Belle Dame Sans Merci is here.

As for the dancing baby skeletons, you can find Mike McCormack’s terrific novel Notes from a Coma on Amazon.com.

The Petty Magic Cafepress shop is here [2013 edit: the shop is now closed], and here are some modeled shots:

IMG_5647

(With my friend Niki.)  ‘Misbehave, and I’ll feed you to the mermaids.’

IMG_5543

(My sister Kate and her boyfriend Elliot.) ‘I may not be all that picky, but I draw the line at the clap’ and ‘Lord of the Slippy’ (this is a compliment to the wearer; all is revealed in chapter 23!)

IMG_5587

The clap, part 2.

IMG_5555

My grandparents are wearing ‘They don’t call it the witching hour for nothing’ (er, sorry, you can’t actually see it) and ‘troublemaker’.

And now I’m off to London on a working holiday! I’ll be keeping track of t-shirt contest entries, and will draw a name at random at the end of November. Thanks in advance for your interest, and I hope you enjoy my chat with Jim–and my novel too of course!

14 Comments to the Paranormal Podcast

1. Kathy's Gravatar Kathy
    November 9, 2010 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I just listened to you on the Paranormal Podcast and am very intriqued by your work. Can’t wait to read your books!

2. November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Kathy! Contest entry #1, woo hoo!

3. Roxie Kelley's Gravatar Roxie Kelley
    November 10, 2010 at 7:56 am | Permalink

I enjoyed listening to your interview on the Paranormal Podcast. I’m always looking for books to read – your books sounds very interesting. I love WWII fiction stories – combined with a witch? Sounds like fun!

4. Simply Bryan's Gravatar Simply Bryan
    November 10, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

great podcast! i’ll be reading your books now.

5. Monica Buckley's Gravatar Monica Buckley
    November 10, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I heard you on the Paranormal Podcast!!! I can’t wait to read this book!!! It sounds like so much fun, thanks for sharing.

6. Rachel's Gravatar Rachel
    November 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Wow…. Just downed loading your book to my kindle. After hearing you on Jim Harold’s Paranormal Podcast, from where I get a lot of my books…(he has not let me down yet) I am excited to start reading… Thank you for an awesome book.

7. Judd Vanden Heuvel's Gravatar Judd Vanden Heuvel
    November 11, 2010 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Hi Camille. I loved you on the paranormal podcast today. I listened as I was driving back from California. I’m intrigued and can’t wait to read Pretty Magic.

November 11, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Really interesting podcast! Good point about the “witch hunts” still going on in Africa.

9. November 11, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Hello Camille, 🙂
    I’m currently listening to the Paranormal Podcast (while drawing!) and heard about your intriguing novel.
    It looks very interesting and I’ll make sure to check out your work.
    Thanks!

10. November 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I just heard your interview with JIm Harold. I plan on picking your book up for my wife and I. 😉

11. November 15, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

I enjoyed listening to your interview on the Paranormal Podcast.

12. Beth's Gravatar Beth
    November 17, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Listening to your interview on Paranormal Podcast right now! Jim’s podcast is always so entertaining. I will definitely check your books out!

13. November 18, 2010 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Merry meet!
    Listened to your interview on the Paranormal Podcast, as a real life witchy, I was very interested on your take and will be buying your novel.
    Brightest blessings.

14. Lorre Wells's Gravatar Lorre Wells
    November 20, 2010 at 10:04 am | Permalink

I heard you on the Paranormal Podcast. Sounds like a very imaginitive story. Can’t wait to to read it.