We have a winner!

Remember the ugly duckling contest?

Yours truly, age 9.

Guess how many entries there were? THREE. You pansies!

why I didn't like November '93

Toby, November 1993. Ace mullet!

FGH 78 copy

Fran, 8th grade. (I think this photo is adorable, but if I didn’t let her enter I’d only have two. Did I mention you all are pansies?)

brian

Brian, as an Eagle Scout.

I think I had said initially that I’d let you all vote, but there really is no contest here—Brian wins. Now that’s what I call rockin’ a unibrow.

And, as an extra-special bonus entry:

beaniebabies

There are no words, only paroxysms of laughter.

6 Comments to We have a winner!

1. January 12, 2011 at 12:12 am | Permalink

I’m actually impressed by all the badges Brian got as an Eagle scout. If I go camping, I know who I want there with me!

January 12, 2011 at 1:34 am | Permalink

I really think you should have won. I’m sorry to say it, but it’s your expression that makes the photo a winner.

3. January 12, 2011 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness – this made me giggle! Thanks for posting these. I needed the lift this morning.

4. January 12, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Neil, It’s amazing how much of that stuff you can forget! I wouldn’t know a bowline from a clove hitch to save my life. Or my boat. If I had a boat. Or a canoe.
    Ugh!
    Thanks, Camille, for hosting this. My shirt and book came earlier in the week. I’m wearing the shirt now, And people ate staring at me …

5. January 13, 2011 at 10:42 am | Permalink

The thing I love the best about all of it is that ultimately, we’re all beautiful and we’re all winners. Camille, you are a dear lady!

6. January 13, 2011 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Aww, Fran—right back atcha. Not only are you three really good sports, but you are also very kind and lovely people.