My New Favorite Sweater, part 1

When it comes to knitting patterns, my eyes are faster than my needles. I buy a pattern thinking I’ll cast on for it soon, but that almost never happens. I bought Bonnie Sennott’s Pomegranate at June Squam 2012 and cast on a little over a year later, which is actually on the quick side for me. Ha.

P1090844

I’d been wanting to try Hempathy for awhile—it’s a sturdy blend of hemp, cotton, and modal (rayon)—and I’m really enjoying knitting with it. Much easier on the hands than you’d think. I love it so much that I bought a bag of yellow Hempathy for a cardigan (which was my Uganda knitting—I needed something much easier than this!)

P1100423

(Cardi pattern by Gudrun Johnston—blogging about it eventually!)

P1110130

Photo by Snook.

I usually knit on the T, and I’m getting lots of comments from my fellow passengers. My favorite was this guy who’d just told someone else that he’s a physicist. Then he turned to me and commented that the lace chart I was working from looked awfully complex. Ha ha! Lace charts are easy once you know how to read them! And you are a physicist!!

P1110164

Midas fingers!! (This is my first-ever manicure. In a salon, I mean.)

I’m aiming to have it done and ready to wear on my birthday (which is three weeks away).

8 Comments to My New Favorite Sweater, part 1

1. October 24, 2013 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Oh, I KNOW you will finish it on time!! Love the pattern….how did I miss this one??? No, I cannot download another sweater pattern…no, I cannot cast on another sweater…no. more. sweaters. for. now. (I’m trying to convince myself! not sure i did)

2. Kath's Gravatar Kath
    October 24, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

So pretty! I love Hempathy, and the Cot/Lin is pretty nice too.

October 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Your prettiest sweater yet!

4. October 24, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Love the sweater and the yellow sparkly nails are fabulous! 🙂 No doubt that you will have the sweater finished for your big day.
    xoxo

5. October 25, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS! I have a knit top that I made using a burnt-orange color of hempathy. It is a great yarn and washes up well. I think I might have a picture of it somewhere on my blog, but I’m not sure if I have uploaded it to ravelry yet. What kind of knitting needles do you use? I have the knitpick options but am always lusting after new needles.

6. October 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

That’s it, ‘almost birthday girl’ you’re inspired me to bring out my beginnings of a poncho started in July. Tomorrow is officially knitting day. And the rainy weather forecast is with me on this one!

7. October 25, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Love Hempathy. It feels wonderful and it’s great for lace. I know you will finish by your birthday!!!

8. October 26, 2013 at 7:48 am | Permalink

Love this! It looks so great on you. pretty color, pretty panel, pretty girl. miss you!